Sunday 8 June 2014

My History With A. Ramona Lavigne




I’m not afraid of admitting that I like Avril Ramona Lavigne (Yes her middle name is Ramona) you can check my FB and there says that I like her. Some people might say it was at first sight but I don’t believe in that, because you may like how something looks at first sight, but to really like something you have to appreciate it and you need to understand it to fully appreciate it. So yes, I really like her music and I think she is beautiful and talented or I did until the last album.  That will be explained in the next post in like 10 minutes after I posted this one.  :P

 It sounded really weird for everybody that knew me when they heard I liked the first album, because the guy with the gigantic poster of Rammstein on his wall, lots of speed metal and who dress like a psychopath is really weird to like some girly stuff, right? Well, at first I didn’t like her, I remember when the first video came out I was in México and there we have the channel “Sony” and at the time they had music videos between shows and “Complicated” was there around noon and every time I changed the channel without even giving it a chance.

I always thought “Is just a pretty girl, like a skater Barbie” but by the same reason I never wanted to watch it. So my life kept on going until one day a guy from my Dungeons and Dragons group asked me to leave his discman on my backpack (Yes, discman) and inside had Avril’s album "Let Go", he forgot to ask for it and left. A couple of hours later I realized that I had it, but I was already home so I decided to hear the CD, why? Because it was black with a red star and no name on it, so I needed to know what was in it, but I listened to the CD skipping songs, just listening to the first seconds, until I heard “Skater Boy” the intro of the song caught me, then I heard more songs and liked them, so I returned the CD and Discman and bought one for myself (a CD not a discman :P ) and listen to it a lot. Well I really liked it, the lyrics, the feeling everything there hit me really hard, even the pitch of her voice was great for me. And I know that I sound like a serial killer when I say that but that is how it was, besides my brother tells me that I have a lot of the traits of a serial killer. Also I started to watch the videos, and even joined the street crew, that was the official Avril’s fan club, that then got dissolved and turned into other thing that you had to pay for it so fuck it, I don’t have the money.



So I kept buying the CD’s and watching videos and more Fan stuff. And I liked every album because you could see her grew, not every song was a hit but I saw a reflection of her life in every album, “Let Go” the door to adulthood, “Under My Skin” anger and hurt, “The Best Damn Thing” standing for herself like –I’m not going to be hurt again–, Goodbye Lullaby Sadness, but keeping it strong -She got hurt again-

But now… Well just read the review

No comments:

Post a Comment